The Treasurer is responsible for the accounting and all financial aspects of the City of Greenville.
- Receipt and collection of revenue
- Safekeeping and investment of revenue
- Accurate accounting for and the disbursement of revenue
- Manages the collection and processing of taxes for the City of Greenville, Montcalm County, State of Michigan, Greenville School District, Montcalm Intermediate School District, Flat River Library and Montcalm Community College.
- Preparing utility bills
- Accounts payable
- General financial record keeping for the city
ACCEPTING ONLINE AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENTThe City of Greenville is accepting payment by credit card and/or debit card for payment of utility bills, property taxes, and Violations.
Convenience Fee Notice: A 3% service fee (minimum $2.00) will be added to your transaction.
View Current Water & Sewer Rates
Tax payments are due by August 31st. Postmarks can not be accepted as date of payment. If payment is not received in the Treasurer’s Office by 5:00pm on the due date, a late fee will be assessed.
Winter TaxesTax payments are due by February 14th. Postmarks can not be accepted as date of payment. If payment is not received in the Treasurer’s Office by 5:00pm on the due date, a late fee will be assessed.
|Greenville Summer Mill Rates 2018|
|State Ed Tax||6.0000|
|Montcalm Community College||2.7187|
Greenville Winter Mill Rates 2017
|Commission on Aging||0.4500|
|Flat River Library||0.7049|
|Special Education Tax||3.5011|
City Tax Millage Rates
Tax rates are rated in mills. One mill equals one dollar for each $1,000 of taxable value. Taxable value is approximately 1/2 or less of the market value of the property.
|Greenville Tax Mill Rates|
|Local Street Maintenance||$0.60||$0.60|
|Solid Waste Collection||$.9073||$.9073|
|Parking Lot Maintenance**||$0.00||$1.00 – $2.00|
* If property is located in the boundaries of the Downtown Development Authority (excluding residential)
** If property is located in the core downtown commercial district
411 South Lafayette Street
Greenville, Michigan 48838
(616) 754-6320 – Fax