- Planning & Zoning Forms & Applications
- Master Plan
- Planning & Zoning Maps
- Building Department
- Industrial Park
- Planning & ZBA Application
- Site Plan Check List
- Site Plan Review Submission
- Those seeking relief from the current Zoning Ordinance requirements must meet these standards
- Home Occupation Application
- Special Event Sign Application-for Businesses
- Sign Permit
- Ordinance Information
- Site Plan Review Evaluation
- Zoning Permit
The City of Greenville Master Plan has been prepared by the City Planning Commission under the provisions of the Michigan Planning Enabling Act, Public Act 33 of 2008, as amended. The Planning Act authorizes municipalities to prepare and adopt a plan for the following purposes:
- To promote the public health, safety, and general welfare;
- To encourage the use of resources in accordance with their character and adaptability;
- To avoid overcrowding of the land by buildings and people;
- To lessen congestion on public roads and streets;
- To facilitate a transportation system, sewage disposal, safe and adequate water supply, recreation and other public improvements; and,
- To consider the character and suitability of land for particular uses.
maps page where you will find the future land use map and current zoning map.
The Greenville Building Department is responsible for administering and enforcing all Building Officials and Code Association (BOCA) and city building codes. Our building inspectors ensure that all structures within the City are constructed safely and related property is maintained according to minimum code standards. The mission is carried out through the effective enforcement of codes for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Property Maintenance and Signs. These standards are used to measure the quality of new construction, the structural integrity of existing structures and sanitary conditions of buildings and exterior property areas.
Plumbing, Mechanical, & Electrical PermitsFor Plumbing, Mechanical, and Electrical permits, fees, and questions please contact Montcalm County Building Department by calling (989) 831-7394.
* Inspections will be done on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s
Building Forms & ApplicatioN