The City of Greenville along side the Greenville Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce the Greenville Outdoor Lafayette District (GOLD), Greenville's new Social District. This will allow for members of the community to enjoy Downtown Greenville in a fun and safe way!
The goal of this area is to provide our community members with a place to enjoy dining, shopping, and the downtown area.
Must be 21 years old to consume alcohol in the designated Social District. See our FAQ's below for more details on the rules of the Social District.
- Practice Social Distancing
- Follow Face Covering Guidelines
- Seek Shelter If Severe Weather
- Wash & Sanitize Hands
- Be Respectful
- Leashed Pets Are Welcome (except as otherwise specified). Please be a responsible pet owner and clean up after them.
- Have Fun!
- ORDER a beverage of your choice from a participating establishment, no outside alcohol is allowed in the social district.
- DRINK your beverage within GOLD boundaries.
- DISPOSE of the recyclable cup when it’s empty.
- ENJOY GOLD responsibly.
1) WINTER INN
2) FLO'S PIZZERIA RISTORANTE & SPORTS BAR
4) TRUE NORTH TAVERN
5) RENO BAR
Monday - Friday 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday 12 p.m. (noon) to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. (noon) to 8:00 p.m.
Check each participating business for open days/times.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where can alcohol be consumed outside?
– In the Common Area only, see map for details.
2. What types of alcoholic beverage can I purchase to carry around the designated Refreshment Areas?
– Beer, wine, and liquor are all allowable drinks when served in a designated container. The only drinks allowed are those purchased from businesses participating in the Refreshment Area program. No cans, glass bottles, or outside drinks are permitted within the boundaries per State and local law.
2. Can I walk anywhere with my drink?
– No. Patrons must stay within the designated Common Area boundaries. Leaving the Common Area with an alcoholic beverage violates State and local law.
3. Can I take my designated Refreshment into other businesses?
– No. Once a designated Refreshment has left the business where it was served, it must be consumed before you enter any other establishment. Drink Up!
4. Can I take an empty designated Refreshment container into a business so I can reuse it?
– No. Each drink will receive a new cup.
5. How many drinks can I purchase at one time?
– Two per person. You may only purchase 2 alcoholic drinks at one time per person.