The Treasurer is responsible for the accounting and all financial aspects of the City of Greenville.
Accepting Online and Credit Card Payment
The City of Greenville is accepting payment by credit card and/or debit card for payment of utility bills and property taxes.
Convenience Fee Notice: A 3.95% service fee (minimum $2.00) will be added to your transaction.
Tax payments are due by August 31st. Postmarks can not be accepted as date of payment. If payment is not received in the Treasurer’s Office by 5:00pm on the due date, a late fee will be assessed.
Tax payments are due by February 14th. Postmarks can not be accepted as date of payment. If payment is not received in the Treasurer’s Office by 5:00pm on the due date, a late fee will be assessed.
Greenville Summer Mill Rates 2017
Source Mill State Ed Tax 6.0000 School Operation 18.0000 School Debt 6.0000 City Operation 12.9673 Flat River Library 0.2815 Montcalm Community College 2.7138 County Operation 4.4082
Greenville Winter Mill Rates 2017
Source Mill County Ambulance 0.7500 County Library 0.5000 Commission on Aging 0.4500 Flat River Library 0.7195 ISD Allocation 0.1744 Special Education Tax 3.5011
City Tax Millage Rates
Tax rates are rated in mills. One mill equals one dollar for each $1,000 of taxable value. Taxable value is approximately 1/2 or less of the market value of the property.
Greenville Tax Mill Rates
Residential Commercial/Industrial General Operations $9.04 $9.04 Capital Improvement $2.17 $2.17 Local Street Maintenance $0.60 $0.60 Solid Waste Collection $.9073 $.9073 Transit Authority $0.25 $0.25 Total $12.9673 $12.9573 DDA Operations* $0.00 $1.00 Parking Lot Maintenance** $0.00 $1.00 – $2.00
* If property is located in the boundaries of the Downtown Development Authority (excluding residential)
** If property is located in the core downtown commercial district
- Receipt and collection of revenue
- Safekeeping and investment of revenue
- Accurate accounting for and the disbursement of revenue
- Manages the collection and processing of taxes for the City of Greenville, Montcalm County, State of Michigan, Greenville School District, Montcalm Intermediate School District, Flat River Library and Montcalm Community College.
- Preparing utility bills
- Accounts payable
- General financial record keeping for the city
Treasurer Forms & Applications
(Form Not Accepted Electronically – Must Present Application in Person at Treasurer’s Office)