We are very please to offer these services to our city residents. Cleanup is offered by the City of Greenville to city residents twice a year: the first full week of May and the first full week of October.
Bulk Item & Trash Pick Up
May 1-5, 2017 | October 2-6, 2017
No building materials will be accepted
- This week only the regular trash pickup will also occur along with your bulk item pickup.
- Fall cleanup is provided for City of Greenville residents only. Please do not allow non-residents to drop off items for pickup. Property owners caught violating this provision will be prosecuted.
- Residents may place bulk items such as sofas, stoves, refrigerators, water heaters, carpet rolls, etc. at the curb on your scheduled day (see map above). Building materials and hazardous materials (tires, paint, chemicals, etc.) will not be picked up as they are prohibited to be placed in landfills by state law.
- Please do not place these items at the curb any earlier than 24 hours before your scheduled trash day. This also will be considered a violation, and subject to penalty.
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners must be completely drained of Freon by a certified technician and must have a certified stick indicating so.
Loose Leaf Pick Up
Loose Leaf Pickup Scheduled for
October 16, 2017 – November 22, 2017
The City of Greenville wants to remind you of the policy for leaf collection for this fall. Please follow the leaf removal process listed below:
- Loose leaf pick will begin October 16, 2017 and end November 22, 2017.
- Please coordinate raking your leaves with the collection schedule illustrated on the map above.
- Please rake the leaves into the gutter and separate them from the gutter approximately six inches. This will allow the leaf machine to gather the leaves in a thorough and efficient manner.
- The property owner must remove any and all leaves raked into the gutter after November 22, 2017 or the City will remove them and charge a $50.00 removal fee.
- Leaves not collected after November 22, 2017 can be bagged in biodegradable bags and stored at your home for the winter and dropped off the following spring at the City’s drop site.
- Leaves are only permitted in the street during the FALL leaf collection program. All other times during the year, leaves are to be bagged in biodegradable bags and taken to the City’s drop site.
- Please do not place any items other than leaves in the gutter during the fall leaf collection program. Any items other than leaves will damage equipment
*Please note that the City’s drop site will be open Monday, Thursday, and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. until November 16, 2017.